What would you say if someone told you that we’re sharing Earth with another form of life which is not part of the animal kingdom?
What would you say if I told you that we’re not the only living beings having knowledge on Earth?
How would you respond if I told you that you are being watched even if you’re alone?
No, I’m not going to speak about science fiction. I’m going to talk about a realm that existed and still exists on Earth well before Adam.
Some of you believe in ghosts, some don’t. Personally I don’t believe in “ghosts” as they’re intended to be. But I believe very much in an entity that might have known the person which was to be called “ghost”.
Hence this entity if willing, might very easily take the place of this deceased person for instance and makes us believe that he is that person’s spirit. Or just be a malevolent spirit if he wishes to.
This is just an example of course. I never witnessed a ghost and I’m not willing to meet one either.
I’ve made some research on this weird paranormal being who shares our world. I haven’t found any explanation on the scientific domain but I’ve found some on the Holy Scriptures.
This being who is not perceived by any of our 5 senses, neither by any sophisticated machines, has a few names and has a multitude of images according to the people’s imagination.
Spirt, demon, devil, ghost, Jinn…. Unfortunately as not being made of matter, it cannot be proven existent. We can only believe in this entity by trusting the word of God and by our own experience of the evil on this world.
Now, what I’m about to describe is what I’ve found on the 3 Holy Scriptures and my personal thoughts on the topic.
Let’s start from the beginning, shall we?
God created the Angels made of light. We can easily see that on movies talking about angels, they always end up by showing light somewhere in the movie. They’re not made of matter/particles hence they don’t have a gender yet some people expect of them to be females or babies.
God created another species which was originally pious and obedient like the angels made from smokless fire. Among them was lucifer/the devil. We can easily see the devil in most movies made of fire or turning into fire at the end. This species on the contrary can have ofsprings and can die. Nothing is said about their life’s span though. One thing for sure, the devil isn’t dead yet.
And finally Us, the humans made of clay. Apparently we have the shortest life span.
God says in the Quran:
I did not create the jinn and the humans except to worship Me.
I need no livelihood from them, nor do I need them to feed Me.
Those who do wrong will have their turn, like the turn of their counterparts, so let them not rush Me.
God is the Provider, the One with Power, the Strong
When God decided to creat the humans, He said to the angels, “I am creating a human being, from clay, from molded mud. When I have formed him, and breathed into him of My spirit, fall down prostrating before him.”
So the angels prostrated themselves, all together. Except for Satan. He refused to be among those who prostrated themselves.
God said, “O Satan, what kept you from being among those who prostrated themselves?”
He said, “I am not about to prostrate myself before a human being, whom You created from clay, from molded mud.”
God said, “Then get out of here, for you are an outcast. And the curse will be upon you until the Day of Judgment.”
As you can see, the devil isn’t a fallen angel, he never was. As angels are made of light and the devil made of fire. Angels were obedient while he wasn’t. Unfortunately for his species, lots followed his example:
God said to the angels, “Bow down to Adam.” So they bowed down, except for Satan. He was of the jinn, and he defied the command of his Lord. Will you take him and his offspring as lords instead of Me, when they are an enemy to you? Evil is the exchange for the wrongdoers.
Yes, we can find in the Quran that the devil is part of the Jinn ethnic group (if I may say so). It seems that he produced the downfall of his own kind as he did for ours.
And not all Jinns are bad either. Will tell you about it in a minute, but first let me explain how some people describe Jinns.
I’m sure that the first thought that comes to your mind is Aladin, right? You rub the lamp 3 times and hop! The jinn comes out asking you to make 3 wishes.
I like that Jinn. When I was small I tried to rub a lamp and see if one would come out, unfortunately he didn’t.
In the reality jinns can’t be seen or heard, they share our world (maybe in another dimension) they have the ability to see us, hear us and even tempt us. Hard to believe? Not so if you believe in God.
The word Jinn refers to any object that cannot be detected by human sensory organs, including Angels and Demons. Thus every Demon and every Angel is also a jinn, but not every Jinn is an Angel or a Demon. Jinns are related to heavenly beings, who is able to sin and created from fire, unlike their light-created counterpart.
The chapter 72 in the Quran speaks about them or maybe for them. As they can have faith too. The chapter starts like this:
Say, “It was revealed to me that a band of jinn listened in, and said, ‘We have heard a wondrous Quran. It guides to rectitude, so we have believed in it; and we will never associate anyone with our Lord. And Exalted is the Majesty of our Lord—He never had a wife, nor a child. But the fools among us used to say nonsense about God.”
Or in another verse that says:
Recall when We dispatched towards you a number of jinn, to listen to the Quran. When they came in its presence, they said, “Pay attention!” Then, when it was concluded, they rushed to their people, warning them.
They said, “O our people, we have heard a Scripture, sent down after Moses, confirming what came before it. It guides to the truth, and to a straight path. O our people! Answer the caller to God, and believe in Him; and He will forgive you your sins, and will save you from a painful punishment.”
These entities resemble humans for their need to eat and drink, procreation and death, being subject to judgment they will either be condemned to heaven or hell according to their deeds.
As the Jinn were banished from heaven, they had no more right to listen/ know what the angels knew. The skies have been sealed for them hence they spend their life here on earth just like us till they die. This means that they could see and interact with the angels.
In the Bible it is mentioned that Salomon enslaved demons:
When a demon named Ornias harasses a young boy who Salomon knew, by stealing half of his pay and sucking out his vitality through the thumb on his right hand, Solomon received from the archangel Michael a ring with the seal of God after he prayed in the temple which will enable him to command the demons. Solomon lends the ring to the lad who, by throwing the ring at the demon Ornias, stamps him with the seal and brings him under control. Then Solomon orders the demon Ornias to take the ring and similarly imprint the prince of demons, Beelzebul. with him under his command, Solomon now has all of the demons at his bidding to build the temple……
The Quran speaks about Salomon too but in a different story in chapter 27:
16. And Solomon succeeded David. He said, “O people, we were taught the language of birds, and we were given from everything. This is indeed a real blessing.”
17. To the service of Solomon were mobilized his troops of jinn, and men, and birds—all held in strict order.
18. Until, when they came upon the Valley of Ants, an ant said, “O ants! Go into your nests, lest Solomon and his troops crush you without noticing.”
19. He smiled and laughed at her words, and said, “My Lord, direct me to be thankful for the blessings you have bestowed upon me and upon my parents, and to do good works that please You. And admit me, by Your grace, into the company of Your virtuous servants.”
20. Then he inspected the birds, and said, “Why do I not see the hoopoe? Or is he among the absentees?
21. I will punish him most severely, or slay him, unless he gives me a valid excuse.”
22. But he did not stay for long. He said, “I have learnt something you did not know. I have come to you from Sheba, with reliable information.
23. I found a woman ruling over them, and she was given of everything, and she has a magnificent throne.
24. I found her and her people worshiping the sun, instead of God. Satan made their conduct appear good to them, and diverted them from the path, so they are not guided.
25. If only they would worship God, who brings to light the mysteries of the heavens and the earth, and knows what you conceal and what you reveal.
26. God—There is no god but He, the Lord of the Sublime Throne.”
27. He said, “We will see, whether you have spoken the truth, or whether you are a liar.
28. Go with this letter of mine, and deliver it to them; then withdraw from them, and see how they respond.”
29. She said, “O Counselors, a gracious letter was delivered to me.
30. It is from Solomon, and it is, ‘In the Name of God, the Gracious, the Merciful.
31. Do not defy me, and come to me submissively.’”
32. She said, “O counselors, advise me in this matter of mine. I never make a decision unless you are present.”
33. They said, “We are a people of might and great courage, but the decision is yours, so consider what you wish to command.”
34. She said, “When kings enter a city, they devastate it, and subjugate its dignified people. Thus they always do.
35. I am sending them a gift, and will see what the envoys bring back.”
36. When he came to Solomon, he said, “Are you supplying me with money? What God has given me is better than what He has given you. It is you who delight in your gift.
37. Go back to them. We will come upon them with troops they cannot resist; and we will expel them from there, disgraced and humiliated.”
38. He said, “O notables, which one of you will bring me her throne before they come to me in submission?”
39. A strong jinn said, “I will bring it to you before you rise from your seat. I am strong and reliable enough to do it.”
40. He who had knowledge from the Book said, “I will bring it to you before your glance returns to you.” And when he saw it settled before him, he said, “This is from the grace of my Lord, to test me, whether I am grateful or ungrateful. He who is grateful, his gratitude is to his own credit; but he who is ungrateful—my Lord is Independent and Generous.”
41. He said, “Disguise her throne for her, and we shall see whether she will be guided, or remains one of the misguided.”
42. When she arrived, it was said, “Is your throne like this?” She said, “As if this is it.” “We were given knowledge before her, and we were submissive.”
43. But she was prevented by what she worshiped besides God; she belonged to a disbelieving people.
44. It was said to her, “Go inside the palace.” And when she saw it, she thought it was a deep pond, and she bared her legs. He said, “It is a palace paved with glass.” She said, “My Lord, I have done wrong to myself, and I have submitted with Solomon, to God, Lord of the Worlds.”
In early Jewish mythology, there are beings called Shedim, that resemble the Jinn. They’re invisible to human eyes but are subject to bodily desires, like procreating and the need to eat, and both may be malevolent or benevolent.
Christian demonology say that the mission of the demons is to induce humans to sin, often by testing/abandoning the faith in God, commit heresy or apostasy, remain or turn themselves Pagan or venerate “idols” (the Christian term for cult images), and gain the highest number of “Satans” or adversaries of God. (Ephesians 6:10-17):
10 Finally, be strong in the Lord and in his mighty power.
11 Put on the full armor of God, so that you can take your stand against the devil’s schemes.
12 For our struggle is not against flesh and blood, but against the rulers, against the authorities, against the powers of this dark world and against the spiritual forces of evil in the heavenly realms.
13 Therefore put on the full armor of God, so that when the day of evil comes, you may be able to stand your ground, and after you have done everything, to stand.
14 Stand firm then, with the belt of truth buckled around your waist, with the breastplate of righteousness in place,
15 and with your feet fitted with the readiness that comes from the gospel of peace.
16 In addition to all this, take up the shield of faith, with which you can extinguish all the flaming arrows of the evil one.
17 Take the helmet of salvation and the sword of the Spirit, which is the word of God.
18 And pray in the Spirit on all occasions with all kinds of prayers and requests. With this in mind, be alert and always keep on praying for all the Lord’s people.
19 Pray also for me, that whenever I speak, words may be given me so that I will fearlessly make known the mystery of the gospel,
20 for which I am an ambassador in chains. Pray that I may declare it fearlessly, as I should.
It is also said that demons torment people during their life or through possession (Matthew 17:15-16), or simply by showing themselves before persons to frighten them, or by provoking visions that could induce people to sin or to be afraid.
Demons can take any desired appearance, even that of an “angel of light” (2 Corinthians 11:13-15).
13. For such men are false apostles, deceitful workmen, masquerading as apostles of Christ.
14. And no wonder, for Satan himself masquerades as an angel of light.
15. It is not surprising, then, if his servants masquerade as servants of righteousness. Their end will be what their actions deserve.
Now that everything is explained, can you be sure that there isn’t a jinn standing right beside you now?
I’ve seen some YouTube videos on paranormal activities. I’m not sure that they’re all authentic. Nowadays we can easily manipulate any video. But surely there must be a few real ones among them.
My last thought on the topic is that, these fellow inhabitants might be living next to us or they might live in their own towns up in the sky. Apparently they are fast and can go anywhere from the ground to the top our earthly sky. They can be wherever they choose to. After all we don’t feel them. Nothing can stop them from tempting us, follow us or even repent and become good jinns.
The old saying remains, you can’t fear what you don’t see, perhaps that’s the reason why they’re so hidden.